We are coming to the end of our fall term we have finished planing the events. If you could please inform your students about these activities it would be appreciated!
1) Our Annual Book Sale is being held from Monday Nov. 15 until Friday Nov. 19 from 10:00 - 5:00 in Student Hallway (outside of B200). There are going to be books from every genre available for the low cost of $1-$12. Please stop on by and check out the selection of books!
2) Movie Night: On Wednesday November 24 in H104 the History Club is showing Dr. Strangelove, a comedy concerning the Cold War Era. Dr. Gendron will be providing an introduction at 7:00 p.m. and the movie will start around 7:30 p.m. There will be baked goods, popcorn, and other snacks will be provided. We are asking for a $2 donation to be put towards future History Club events.
3) History Pub Night: Our final winter semester pub night will be held on Thursday December 9th at 9:30 p.m. at the Bull and Quench. Take a break from the essay writing and studying to relax and socialize with others history students.
4) Seminar Series: Dr. Connor will be providing the next seminar series talk on Friday November 26th at 3:30 p.m. in room A122. His topic is "Grey Zone/Green Zone: War, invasion, and Occupation."
5) Discussion: Please, if you have not already, join in on the discussion about scheduling. The discussion will close Thursday November 18th at 11:59 p.m. It is important that you have your opinions know so that change can happen. Thank you for those who have already shared your opinion. This discussion can be found on the Nipissing University History Club Group on Facebook.
Thanks everyone for all of the participation in the previous events! Stay tuned for our activities beginning again in the winter term. As always feel free to send us any feedback, we always enjoy hearing from you.
All the best,
Amanda Van Lanen