Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gabriella Petrick, food historian, at NU next Thursday

From Dr. James Murton, to faculty, but all can listen in:
As part of next weekend's subsistence history workshop, NYU food historian Gabriella Petrick will be visiting campus. She is a historian of industrial food systems in the modern US and is doing interesting new work on the history of taste. She'll be visiting my Food & Land class a week Thursday, and the plan is for her to give a talk on Friday. I will send you more info on the talk when I have it, but in the meantime if you could mention this to your classes where appropriate, and particularly the grad students, I'd appreciate it. I want to encourage the grad students to attend the talk in particular and she is available to meet with any interested students.